Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

August 01, 2003

Who's In Control?

The author of this commentary argues that Linux is process rather than a product. What's that mean? It's like the internet versus Windows. So my question, unfortunately not addressed here, is can a corporation patent the internet?

Linux is not a product

In other news, I'm trying out the latest release of Mozilla Firebird for Mac OS X today. Unfortunately, it's still not quite up to snuff: it has all the Windows-like buttons and menus of Mozilla and, curiously, no "Window" menu or any equivalent. What's that mean? There's no way to get to any browser windows behind the front one without moving it off the screen. I wish the Mozilla people would release a new version of Camino that fixes its quirks. Safari has a lot of conveniences Camino lacks, but Safari doesn't have as many security features as the Mozilla browsers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home