Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

January 21, 2004

Huh?

ABCNEWS.com : Dean's Raucous Iowa Speech Lives On: "Gerry Chervinsky, who is polling New Hampshire for The Boston Globe and WBZ-TV, said Dean's favorable rating had dropped 11 points, from 67 percent to 56 percent, in the last week. He said the drop wouldn't all be attributable to Monday night's remarks, but added: 'That speech could not have helped him in any way.'

Dean, the one-time Democratic front-runner grinned, rolled up his sleeves and tried to rally supporters in Des Moines by shouting out a list of primary states.

'Not only are we going to New Hampshire ..., we're going to South Carolina and Oklahoma and Arizona and North Dakota and New Mexico, and we're going to California and Texas and New York,' he said. 'And we're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan. And then we're going to Washington, D.C. To take back the White House. Yeah.'

Dean explained the enthusiastic speech Wednesday, saying: 'I was rallying a group of 3,500 kids who'd come to Iowa to work for me and were waving American flags. It was a pretty emotional, pretty terrific scene.

'They worked their hearts out for three weeks. I thought I owed them everything I had, and I gave it everything I had,' Dean said."

Did anyone see this speech? What's everyone so upset about? You'd think the guy had told the American people to go suck a lemon or something. It can't be that he just shouted a bunch of state names. What the heck happened?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home