Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

August 25, 2001

Me, Online

Wow, quick turnaround, right? Well, if it makes you feel better, there's really only one hour left of August 25. So maybe not so quick ... but then, this is probably as good as it will ever get, so savor the moment.

I was doing a lot of web surfing today. I actually put my name in a search engine to see what came up. The first link on the list was for some sort of journalism site from San Francisco State University, which had news articles by a Colleen Fischer on it. Since I have an interest in journalism -- it's my major, after all -- I checked it out. Who knows, maybe the site had somehow got a hold of my old VillaNotes articles. When I clicked on this Colleen Fischer's name on the site (who turned out not to be me), an e-mail window popped up, and to my great surprise, I recognized the address! How random is this: this girl had sent me an e-mail several months ago, remarking on how the two of us shared a name! I had completely forgotten about this e-mail until I saw the address again. What a weird coincidence, that I would run across her again -- and that she was interested in journalism, too, no less.

Here's something else I came across: http://www.erie.net/~olcs/brochures.html. A little blast from the past. Not entirely accurate now, but a nice little nostalgia trip.

I said yesterday I'd talk about that incident junior year, but I really don't feel like a drag through the mud today. I'm a bit too cheery, and I'd hate to ruin the mood. Give me a little more time.

U2 played Slane Castle today!! Any U2 show would be unbelievable, but a huge show on their native soil has to be incredible. If only I had been there ... well, I'm just happy that they have announced another 25 US dates. Maybe I will get to see them after all. If anyone happens to have a ticket to Slane II, though ....

I've been spending the evening trying to help Sean tune his guitar ... ominously, he can't distinguish pitches very well. Of course, I don't know much about guitars ... I'm a pianist, myself (oh yeah, all the way to Basic Level 3!). It seems so difficult to match the notes. That's why pianists hire professionals to do that job ....

I updated my AOL Instant Messenger profile today ... so it actually says something now. And that something is ... well, nothing. I directed people to here. So if any of you reading this got the link from my profile ... hello.

It's been a very uneventful day ... obviously, that's why the above qualifies as news. All the action's overseas ... all that's here is me working at the church, signing people in for their photo sessions for the parish directory. I don't really want to stop writing, because once I stop, I really don't have anything to do. Nothing good's on television now or almost any time. There's only so many SNL reruns I can take. I wish VH1 would stop playing the same shows over and over again (and fire that annoying Jenna Lewis!). They play the latest Sugar Ray video way too much. I didn't like that band much to begin with, but now, I absolutely loathe them.

If I like anything about them though ... they write their own songs and play their own instruments. I hate it when people get to be stars without writing any of their own material ... especially when they can't sing well. And don't tell me that people like Christina Aguilera and Mariah Carey sing well, because they don't sing nearly as much as they screech! I also have a slight prejudice against solo acts ... if all that people cared about was the singing, then these acts wouldn't have all these drums and synths blaring behind them. A band produces music ... a singer sings, alone. Go join the opera or something ... if you really sing as well as you'd like to think.

I'm feeling rather lonesome again. I need a friend. Talk to me.

Ha, you can't hear me now! I'm writing this long before you'll see it. Still ... contact me.

Oh, by the way, it's been August 26 for 14 minutes now. Or 16, depending on the clock.

I'm kinda hungry, too. My internal clock is all screwed up. I've been staying up until 3 a.m. now, then I haven't been able to actually fall asleep until after 4 a.m. That might have something to do with sleeping until one ... but then, I didn't sleep that late today ... and I'm feeling very tired.

I'll pick up from before this little interlude some other day. Remind me to tell you about how I messed up my computer game.

Au revoir et bon nuit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home