Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

September 24, 2004

Good Old Internet Addiction

The Australian: Survey finds 'web withdrawal' [September 24, 2004]: "Nearly half of US Internet users say they could not go without the Web for more than two weeks, with many suffering 'withdrawal' symptoms while offline, according to a recent survey."

Even today the suspicions surrounding the Internet as something "new" haven't died. I will say for myself that when our Internet at home died for several days, it didn't bother me. On the other hand, when I couldn't connect at school, I was intensely frustrated.

The difference, you see, is that while I was at home, I had lots of other people around to interact with and keep me engaged. At school, except when I was out with my parents those few days, I was by myself, unpacking. As I see it, it's really a social thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home