Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

August 29, 2001

Blogging

Again, it's really almost the next day ... let's time travel together!

Really, these diary entries are getting awfully long. But I guess that's typical for me. I've kept diaries over the years, and sometimes, they were all that kept me sane (case in point: junior high -- I didn't even realize how utterly depressed I was then until I looked back on it from high school). I write them for relatively short periods of time, maybe for a few months or a year, whenever I get the inspiration. Usually, I read something where a character or person keeps a diary -- like one of my favorite books, Anne Frank's The Diary of a Young Girl. This time, the impetus was the recent "weblog" phenomenon. I actually signed up for one of those blogging services, but I never used it. Doing so would require me to write downstairs in full view of my overcurious family, which was not a viable option. Therefore, I created my own version on my revamped site ... but you already know that story. Anyway, I write for a short time in intense bursts that usually keep me up for many hours beyond my bedtime, resulting in pages upon pages of critical analyses of my everyday life and a lot of wacky musings and theories.

I have successfully recreated my little Sim suburb since I last wrote. I had completely lost all my Sim families that day when I tried to uninstall the Sims expansion pack. I never should have tried to copy my brother's disk ... I was certainly punished for it, thank you very much! I reinstalled the original game and recreated my favorite characters, but they went from living in a mansion and having a net worth of over 100,000 simoleons (however that is spelled) to a modest home with crappy furniture, both bought on a budget of a mere 20,000. Arrgh. On the upside, I took the new game to work with me and created a family for the church between signing people in for pictures. I also created Harry Potter's family! Not the Dursleys, though. I resurrected James and Lily ... except I ought to go back to the first book and find out what Harry's mother actually looks like, because all I could recall were her green eyes, which are mentioned in Book 4.

I am a clothes shopping spree right now. I've suddenly realized that when I go to college, I will have to do laundry far too often because of my paltry wardrobe. I've attended Catholic schools, and so have worn a uniform five days a week for 14 years! I really never needed more than one or two pairs of jeans. Now, if I don't want to do laundry every week -- at $1.50 a pop, I might add -- I need to stock up. Also, I don't want to wear the same thing every day. Clothes complicate things way too much. I'm all for uniforms.

Yuck, I ate way too much today, and it's coming back to haunt me. Lately, I've been wondering if it's possible to develop an intolerance of grease, because I often start feeling slightly ill after a serving of potato chips. Probably it's all in my head, like my problems with meat. Now, I am not a vegetarian. I have no ethical issues with eating meat. But in the past few months -- and it comes and goes -- I just look and meat and suddenly can't bring myself to eat it any more. This is not a good thing at all! I am already too picky about food. I don't like most vegetables, and the only meats I ate to begin with were chicken, turkey, beef, and, occasionally, pork (but only bacon or sausage). I don't eat much fruit, either -- not because I don't like it, but just because I never think of it. That leaves grains and dairy -- macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese, cheese and crackers, and so on -- there's my diet. It's a wonder I manage to stay healthy, let alone keep off the pounds. Luckily, I still have that youthful metabolism ....

"Uuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh," adds my stomach.

I'm listening to the Barenaked Ladies right now. I've reached the end of Rock Spectacle, and right now they're doing this sublimely ridiculous rap about Ed's Uncle Elwin. I love that band's sense of humor. If I ever get to one of their shows, I will definitely bring along one of my boxes of mac and cheese -- I'm sure I'll have plenty on hand.

There was a period in my life where I didn't like mac and cheese. It was always my favorite food as a child, so my parents and grandparents started feeding it to me ALL THE TIME. Eventually, I became so inundated with cheesy noodles that I just couldn't take it anymore. I refused the dish for years. Fortunately, I eventually came around, and in time to embrace that new Easy Mac stuff, which I can make in the microwave and have every day! (But I don't. Really.)

Okay, it's officially 12:04a.m., so we've made it to tomorrow. Or perhaps today. It's one of the infinite mysteries of time. I'm going to head off now and find some fountain pen ink downstairs and maybe look for some Pepto-Bismol.

"Glllluuuuuugggg, glug, gggggllllllluuuuuuuugg," says my stomach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home