Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

August 13, 2003

The Real Radio

Here's a column explaining why I want to get satellite radio, despite the fact that you have to pay for it: Heavensent satellite radio great for music lovers.

I would note the similarity between these services and PC streaming music subscription services. The PC services, as we well know, have turned out to be extremely unpopular, despite costing about the same amount per month as satellite radio and not requiring extra hardware (you can't put this music on your MP3 player). Why? I think the fact that they more or less cut out the possibility of "extra hardware" -- you're stuck at your desktop if you want to listen to music. Not only does the machine produce lots of heat, but if you're like most people, it has pretty crappy speakers, too. Who wants to endure that when you can take your satellite radio wherever you want?

Or your iPod, for that matter. Hence the success of the iTunes Music Store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home