Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

January 24, 2004

Back and Forth

Rivals Mine Kerry Senate Years for Material to Slow Him Down: "But unlike some of his colleagues with long records to defend, Mr. Kerry has never been especially popular with other Democrats in Congress and the party establishment. They have accused him of being too eager to be in the majority, too quick to position his vote for political advantage."

While clearly this article is using the premise of political opponents mining Kerry's record as an excuse for the Times' to mine Kerry's record, I don't really care since I don't support Kerry. To me, he seems to epitomize the flip-flop politician, as described above. And if you don't believe he's the kind of leader to take positions based only on their political convenience, then you have to believe that he's a big fan of ending teacher tenure, publicly funding religious charitable programs, the Iraq war, the No Child Left Behind Act and other conservative positions. It's bad either way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home