Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

February 06, 2004

Life is Full of "Curses!"

The power adapter on my iBook is flaking out again. The rubbery plastic casing on this one has worn away since I got it in October to the point where I can see the wire underneath, and now it will only function when propped a certain way. It's intensely annoying because this is my third power adapter since I got my computer in December 2002. What makes it all the worse is that my computer is out of warranty now, so if this adapter dies completely, I'll have to pony up $79 for a new one. Less than buying a new computer, but if these adapters keep dying every four and a half months it's going to start adding up.

And it's always the same part that dies -- the connection between the wire and the bit that plugs into the computer. At least that's what it appears to be, as it's usually sensitive to how it's positioned before it dies. Once it may have been the AC/DC converter, but I can't be sure. But it's clear that the wire casing is not nearly strong enough at the point where it bends the most. Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

The adapter extension cord that came with my iBook is still original, so at least that was well-designed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home