Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

April 09, 2002

Baseball, Photo Shoots and Other Media Events

Much as I am behind schedule today, I thought I'd finally give in to the demands for an update to my site. In that spirit, I'll be uploading this short entry plus one entry from over break. I promise, the rest of those will show up soon.

Today, I'm still feeling pretty sore after IM softball and soccer practices on Sunday. That was a lovely afternoon -- plenty of cold and rain to go around. But it was still fun to be out playing again, even if PARC's spring sports teams are likely to be as awful as its winter sports teams. Another little highlight of that weekend was getting to see part of Kathy and Andy's "photo shoot," which consisted of Kathy posing with some cheap Dominican cigars from Osco while Andy snapped shots with a disposable camera. With her stogie, spiky haircut, and turned up collar, Kathy was truly looking like her "rough and tough" self.

Most of my afternoon has been spent downtown at Wrigley Field watching the Cubs trounce the Mets 2-0. Go Cubs! For those who don't already know, the Cubs were my "home team" when I was little (Erie's too small to merit its own major league team, and I just wouldn't root for the nearby Pirates or Indians). Perhaps it was my cousins' influence or perhaps it was because their logo is a "C," but at any rate, I adopted the team as my own. I still have a little Cubs hat somewhere in my closet at home. And now that I've actually moved to the Chicago area, I've decided to return to the team of my childhood, despite their not-so-stellar reputation. But then, being a Cubs fan, as I have learned, is not really about just watching your team win but, rather, about hoping to watch your team win. And the hope keeps you floating even when Sosa strikes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home