Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

August 15, 2003

Power Outage

Yeah, we were affected by the power outage in the Northeast, if anyone is wondering. Erie was pretty much the only city in the state to lose power. We had brownouts (the power fading slightly in and out) all Thursday afternoon and then later on the power went completely. That really sucked because it was hot and we then had no fans, but I guess we can be thankful we weren't stuck on a subway for eight hours. Anyway, the power came back just as we were sitting down to dinner that evening, with no major interruptions since.

I did hear from my aunt that power went out down where her brother works (either in Philadelphia or New Jersey) for a while. Apparently, when the lights went out in their office building, everyone started screaming: "Oh my God!" "Blessed Mother, what are they doing to us now?!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home