Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

February 09, 2004

New Firebird -- I Mean . . .

Firefox. Apparently Mozilla finally had to cave and rename the browser in order to not get sued by some open-source database project that uses the name Firebird. So that's two names down now (the first was Phoenix). Hopefully this one will stick. The new icon is cute. I guess a "firefox" is a red panda.

It's a bit anticlimactic for me since I downloaded a nightly build a week or so before they announced the imminent release of version 0.8 in order to get the latest version of the pinstripe theme for OS X (which is very nice, by the way -- sort of like Safari but not in that stupid brushed metal so there can be more colorful icons). But happily the advanced Blogger interface appears to be working in Firefox (again? can I say again after a name change?), so I can turn off the lo-fi version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home