Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

May 28, 2004

Bloody Outrageous

The New York Times > International > Europe > Newcastle Journal: Does Queen Get Her Mail on Time? You've Got to Wonder: "After being told repeatedly that no one had sent her anything, not even a junk-mail catalogue, Ms. Clare finally demanded proof. 'He said, 'See, there's your street and there's nothing there,' ' she said, describing how a postal worker took her into a back office and showed her the boxes into which the mail was sorted before delivery.

'I said, 'Those are the even numbers. I live on the odd side,' ' Ms. Clare said. There was no box for the odd numbers. And so it was that she discovered that the post office had simply not been delivering to her side of the street, not to her, and not to anyone else, either."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home