Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

July 12, 2004

Full of It

Bush's new reason for going to war in Iraq? That Saddam had the capability to produce weapons of mass destruction and could have given that knowledge to terrorists.

A little vague? Under this definition, we should also have bombed the heck out of North Korea and Libya, right? Oh, and lest we forget, Pakistan, India, Israel, Russia, the states formerly of the USSR, China, France, Britain, the United States . . . oh, wait.

He apparently said eight times in a speech today too that "America is safer" because of the Iraq war. You know what? I remember a bit of legal wisdom from back when I read "To Kill a Mockingbird" -- the more you repeat yourself, the less convincing you sound. It basically comes off like you're trying to convince yourself of what you're saying. Even Sport knew Tom was better off just saying "No," rather than "No, sir, I did not, never."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home