Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

February 14, 2004

Gurgling

I totally should not have eaten so much food at FlatTop. My stomach is going to be paying for this the rest of the day. It keeps making these funky "blurb-blurb-blurp" sounds and if I was on a boat in there, I'd definitely be seasick.

But it was pretty good. I started with a soup, with tofu, egg and hot and sour broth. That wasn't really so good. I added way too much garlic and too many sauces. Such is the way with me when faced with 20 difference sauce choices (not including the dry spices and the bottled sauces). I thought out my next two dishes a bit more carefully and ended up with some yummy, spicy moo-shoo wraps (I was seriously wishing for milk) and a peanutty noodle stir-fry. That came with some sort of Indian bread on top that was buttery and delicious. Unfortunately, by that point I felt close to exploding and thus had to leave a lot on my plate.

But I swear, I finished not a one of these dishes. It's hard to judge how much food you're putting on your plate until you get back four moo-shoo wraps for what you thought had been a modest portion.

Well, at least all that food was cheap. Since we arrived in time for lunch, it was only about $8 a person (and $2 for a soda). Even adding on tax and tip, it was a fabulous deal.

But watch out for that black bean garlic sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home