Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

June 28, 2004

Mac OS X Tiger

Is it just me, or are all the snazzy new Tiger features (except for the new iChat AV, which allows multiple simultaneous video chats) basically rip-offs of well-known shareware programs, such as LaunchBar or Quicksilver (Spotlight) and Konfabulator (Dashboard)?

It seems the Konfabulator people are already irked, judging from that home page. But while these are great new features, shouldn't Apple have had the courtesy to buy the makers out? I suppose they don't have to; they've lifted ideas before (Watson vs. Sherlock, for example).

Still, when the killer new features are so obviously lifted from other sources (even when they are very worthy of OS inclusion), it's bound to strike up comparisons to Redmond's tactics.

Apple - Mac OS X - Tiger Preview

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home