Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

February 16, 2004

In Need of a Tenant

If any of you lovely people are in need of a place to live in the Evanston area for spring quarter (i.e., sometime around March 19-29 to the end of June), please e-mail me. I will be going on my Teaching Media internship in the spring and need to find someone to sublet my room.

It's a nice room, painted a cheerful shade of yellow and warmer than any other room in the apartment when it's cold outside. It's right next to the front door, convenient for when you want to fall right into bed after class. Also, use of a bed is included in the $400 a month rent, in addition to a dresser, a work table with desk chair and a set of Yaffa drawers.

We have both cable Internet (with wireless access!) and cable TV (it's cheaper that way, apparently), and the only utility not included in the rent is electricity. Phone service is flexible; my roommates and I currently go our own ways, but if you don't have a cell phone, I'm sure my roommate with the landline would be willing to split the service with you, which would make it pretty cheap. Electricity usually runs us each about $10 a month, as does cable at the moment.

The apartment itself has a total of seven rooms, including the bathroom. There's a roomy kitchen with plenty of storage space and multiple appliances, including a large microwave, a toaster oven, rice cookers, a smoothie maker, mixers and more. There's also a living room with a sofa and loveseat, a large coffee table and a TV/VCR. The third common room we haven't been able to come up with much use for beyond a place to sit and read, so we're open to suggestions. At one time I kept my computer table in there.

Moving beyond the apartment to the building as a whole, a back staircase takes you down to the basement, where there are laundry facilities. The washer is free, and the dryer costs only $1 per use. However, there's a drying rack available for use in the apartment if you want altogether free laundry. The basement is also available for storage of boxes and other items you want to have out of the way. If you like reading outside, there are chairs available on the front porch.

As for location, the building is located on Maple Avenue, between Simpson and Foster. Campus, especially the Kellogg area, is 10 minutes due east on Foster, and it's only a couple of minutes more to head north to Noyes or south to Emerson. All of the shopping and restaurants on Maple are minutes away, and White Hen, Osco and Whole Foods are pretty convenient. And Hanan's Finer Foods, just on the other side of Foster, sells the cheapest milk in Evanston (about $1.59 for a half gallon, and I believe less than $2 for a whole). Not to mention that in March a café is set to open right by Hanan's, mere footsteps from us.

"Us" being, besides me, my two female roommates, friendly but busy folks who often are out of the apartment or sleeping deeply.

If you're tired of living on campus, ready to leave your roommate or are returning from Teaching Media or study-abroad, drop me a line. The rent is really a steal, and the location is quite convenient to campus as apartments go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home