Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

July 14, 2004

Drumsticks

You know an article has reached a crest of snobbery when it invokes the French:

The New York Times > Dining & Wine > The Minimalist: Crossing Over to the Dark Side: "'I've always loved the dark meat,' said Michel Richard, the chef at Citronelle in Washington, 'but at the restaurant it's tough to sell, so we wind up featuring white meat, usually with truffles or porcini to make it taste like something. In France, of course, most people think dark meat is better.'"

I'm sorry, but I find chicken thighs to be slimy rather than delicious.

2 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In France, of course, most people think wine is a staple food.

So we know there's a certain something that separates them from us.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Don't you mean, "a certain -- je ne sais quoi"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home