Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

July 13, 2004

Millennium Park Is Done

Actually, reading this article caused me to draw comparisons between Mayor Daley and Ramses the Great. Maybe Mayor Daley is corrupt -- what Chicago politician isn't, honestly? And maybe Ramses was the pharaoh who refused to "let my people go."

But like Ramses and Abu Simbel, I think more people will remember the mayor for Navy Pier, Millennium Park and other civic projects (or bulldozing Meigs Field in the middle of the night -- that's my perpetual favorite) than for whatever problems he might have caused.

You have to remember, people like these are the kings of spin -- Ramses most famous "victory," after all, was a battle he'd lost.

The New York Times > National > Letter From Chicago: A Prized Project, a Mayor and Persistent Criticism

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home