Composed - Alzubra

Yeah, I know what I'm doing. And I'm writing about it. Right. Write.

January 26, 2004

Webcams

Northwestern has several webcams at points around campus, so I figured I'd make a compendium for the curious.

Rock Wildcam
If you don't believe me when I say that we've had way too much snow here the past few days, here's the evidence.

Lake Michigan Wildcam
When it's actually nice out, this is a lovely view of the Chicago lakefront. The same feed is available on the School of Communication's site, and they also purportedly have a live version of it, though it didn't work when I tried it.

And what may be the best of all . . .

Digital Media Services Creature Cam
This is a live, 24/7 feed of someone's fish tank. The focus is so close that the fish appear larger than life. The refresh rate is about one image per second, so you can actually see the fish "swim." Beware opening it in a tab if your browser supports tabs (i.e., if you're not using IE), though, as the picture seems to bleed onto the other tabs in Mozilla Firebird for OS X at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home